|Wonder City Stories (wonder_city) wrote,|
@ 2009-09-04 12:14 pm UTC
However, the stories can't happen without refills of the brainjuice that powers them! So here's what I'd love to feed the power grid, so I can keep the writing going. If you do any of these things, you are encouraging me to write more.
1. Feedback! Comments to me, on Dreamwidth or personal email or whatever are greatly appreciated, whether they're cheers about a character or line or situation, worries about a situation a character is in, complaints about something you didn't like seeing, corrections of typos, or suggestions of things you'd like to see. Feedback is what keeps me writing day by day, so it's definitely at the top of the list.
2. More readers! Please feel free to rec Wonder City Stories to anyone you think might enjoy them. And please point them here for now -- when I have a website, I'll announce it.
3. Reviews on appropriate (SF, comics, etc) sites! Honest ones: I hope that means they're pretty good, but definitely honest.
4. Link WCS on your blog or website! (Let me know if a banner would be useful to anyone.)
5. Artwork! At some point, I'm likely to start running WCS on a website -- if I get artwork, though, I'll have to do it sooner, so I can display your lovely things. I'd also like to start posting a single "panel" of art per episode, so if you feel moved to contribute, I'd love it.
6. Donate! This is cyber-funded creativity. While I'm not particularly trying to make money off of it right now, I'm happy to accept tips and will probably do something nice for you (like a cameo) if you give me one.
7. Send other creative or fun stuff!
And if you don't do any of that, please keep reading Wonder City Stories anyway. That's what it's for. And as long as people are reading, and I know it, I'll keep writing.
I'd like to send a thank-you and shout-out to Sythyry for letting me crib zir "Fueling Sythyry's Vacation" text for this post. If you like well-written, often whimsical, and definitely character-driven epistolary fantasy, I highly recommend Sythyry's Vacation.